For Team MVB, it’s important that we live our Purpose and Values every day. In trying times, we must all be adaptive. We trust each other to do the right thing. We always want to exhibit teamwork and respect, love and caring. We remain committed to meeting the financial needs of our clients and communities as a trusted partner.
In the ever-changing Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, we are here for you. Please continue to reach out to us for any of your banking needs. Together, we’ll get through this.
How Can We Help You?
If you are experiencing financial hardship related to related to Coronavirus (COVID-19), please reach out to your local banker so we can discuss how MVB can help. Call MVB’s Client Support Team at 844-MVB-BANK (682-2265) during regular business hours or email us at ClientSupport@MVBbanking.com.
For the latest information about COVID-19, please visit www.cdc.gov or your local health department website. For additional information about COVID-19 as it relates to your accounts or relationship with MVB, please review our Coronavirus Q&A.
Information About Stimulus Checks
In December 2020, Congress passed a $900 billion economic relief package to provide assistance to American consumers and businesses struggling as a result of the coronavirus pandemic. A provision of the law includes a second round of government payments to eligible recipients who meet specific criteria. As it did with the first round of relief, the government will rely on our modern banking system to deliver the payments quickly, efficiently and safely.
As a result of an Internal Revenue Service error during the week of Dec. 28, 2020, 15-20 million individuals of the 112 million who were expected to receive their $600-per-person economic impact payments (EIPs) through ACH transactions will receive payments via paper check instead.
- EIP direct deposits will begin posting to accounts on Jan. 4.
- Pre-paid debit cards will start being issued Jan. 4.
- Checks will be printed and delivered to the U.S. Post Office daily and will continue for the next 5-7 weeks. All checks will be dated Jan. 6.
Visit the IRS “Get My Payment” portal for additional information.
Consumers should be wary of fraudsters who are already attempting to scam people out of their payment, and keep in mind that the government will not contact you by phone, text or email about this payment. The portal will not allow recipients to input any bank account information.
COVID-19 Bill Pay Relief Hub
BillGO, a provider of bill pay and real-time payments systems, launched the COVID-19 Bill Pay Relief Hub, an interactive site that lists financial institutions and other companies offering payment relief to people impacted by COVID-19. Learn more here.
COVID‐19 Consumer Loan Payment Assistance Request
Are you facing financial hardship due to COVID-19? MVB is offering a financial relief program available to all MVB consumer loan borrowers affected by the pandemic whose loan payments are less than 31 days past due. These programs are in place for existing clients with MVB auto loans, personal loans and loans secured by real estate.
Please complete and submit the COVID‐19 Consumer Loan Payment Assistance Request Form.
Be Mindful of “Phishing” Attempts and Scams
Unfortunately, we expect the number of fraud and “phishing” attempts to increase because of this health event. Remember, MVB Bank will never call, email or text you to request your account information. If you believe you have received a fraudulent request from us, please notify our Client Support Team.
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) offers these helpful tips for consumers on how to avoid Coronavirus scams.
MVB’s Commercial Lending Team wants to be sure our communities are aware of a new scam targeting businesses and alerting them by email that their SBA PPP loan has been processed. Scammers provide a link to click on to proceed with gathering additional information. Please remember that your financial institution will notify you about the status of your PPP Loan. If you receive anything outside of typical bank communication, please notify your local lender.
How is MVB Bank responding?
Our Executive Leadership Team continues to monitor ongoing developments related to COVID-19. Our top leaders feel so strongly about the importance of ensuring the health and safety of our Team and clients that they have mobilized a Pandemic Team. Every member of our Executive Leadership Team volunteered to be part of MVB’s Pandemic Team. The Pandemic Team meets daily and is working from MVB’s existing Pandemic Plan managed by Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity. The Pandemic Team has created a Risk Planning guide and also a Communication Plan.
All MVB banking center lobbies remain open by appointment only. You can still conduct banking transactions with an MVB Team Member in real-time through our Interactive Teller Machines or by utilizing our drive-thrus. Locations of ITMs, ATMs and drive-thrus can be found on our Locations page. If you need immediate assistance, please call Client Support at 844-MVB-BANK during regular business hours. Digital Banking and the MVB Mobile App are other available self-service options.
How Is MVB being adaptive and thriving in the COVID-19 environment?
- Our highest priority remains the health and safety of each MVB Team Member. Thanks to our forward-thinking IT Team, we were prepared for our Team to work remotely when this crisis struck. Today, about 95% of MVB Team Members are working efficiently from home.
- For our Team Members still working in our offices, we have provided lunch each day from local restaurants. Every single Team Member has been mailed special gifts and encouraging notes to their homes. These actions showed gratitude for our Teammates and also helped support our local, small businesses.
- We have maintained critical access to banking services for our clients. Our banking center lobbies remain open by appointment. We continue to serve our clients through our drive-thrus, ATMs, ITMs, Digital Banking, our MVB Mobile App and Telephone Banking.
- Our Team Members reached out to 100% of our Commercial clients, not only to check on their wellbeing and their families, but also to ask how we could help with their businesses, employees and customers. We did the same with a number of our CoRe Banking clients. Every single person was grateful to hear from us and know we are their trusted partners.
- While MVB currently supports hundreds of thousands of dollars in contributions and sponsorships for our communities, additional support has been allocated to try to help our neighbors in this unprecedented time.
- In the first week of April 2020, we implemented an interest payment deferment program for our consumer and commercial clients being impacted by COVID-19, educated our front line Team on how to handle inquiries, and we made a request form available on our website.
- We completed $89.76 million in PPP loans in 2020 to help small businesses keep their employees. Our Commercial Team has gone above and beyond to help our clients apply for loans through the Payment Protection Program. They have exemplified commitment and adaptability by working day and night to ensure our clients’ applications were submitted. We continue to work with all CoRe Banking clients to assist and to protect asset quality as best we can.
Take Advantage of These Do-It-Yourself Banking Options
Clients are encouraged to take advantage of these channels to access your accounts anytime.
Have you tried these self-serve options?
1. Digital Banking
- Check your account balances, receive eStatements and explore other services
- Make your bill payments electronically
- Chat with our MVB Client Support Team if you have questions or concerns
- Transfer funds among your MVB accounts or to external accounts for free
- See MVB Digital Banking
2. MVB Mobile App
- Receive transaction details on-the-go
- Deposit checks through your mobile device
- Chat with our MVB Client Support Team if you have questions or concerns
- Download for iOS
- Download for Android
- Withdraw funds with your MVB debit card
- Deposit funds
- Check your account balances
- Click here to see ATM hours and locations